Follow these steps for hiring non-FWS, new student employees: (click here for FWS process)
Create a Hire-A-Niner account
- Log in as an employer, not faculty/staff
Post position to Hire-A-Niner
- All postings require a job description and salary. View sample templates here.
Review applicants & interview students
Make offer of employment to student
- Have the student complete the new hire process
- Once they have completed the process they will be sent an electronic I-9 verification card that they will be able to forward to their supervisor/department
- Hiring department sets a future start date and completes and submits appropriate form
- EPAF, eGA, or Student Temp Wage Form
International Students Orientation Session
- International students need to be instructed to contact the ISSO for information about orientation and the hiring process.
Hiring Procedure for Returning Student Employees (Non-FWS)
- Returning student workers who have worked on campus will already have a Verification Card.
- If they have lost their Verification Card, they should email email@example.com to obtain a new one.
- If they have not had a year or more break in service, all the hiring department needs to do is submit the eGA or EPAF
- If they have had a year or more break, the student will need to complete a new I-9 and hiring packet before they begin working