A Graduate Assistantship is an employment opportunity designed for/offered to prospective or currently enrolled graduate students to provide degree-related, experiential learning and/or work.
Types of Graduate Assistantships
Graduate Assistantships typically fall into one of the following primary categories:
- Research Assistant
- Teaching Assistant
How to find / apply for Graduate Assistantship positions
- The great majority of Graduate Assistants on campus are hired by the student's department. Stipends, responsibilities, selection criteria, application and notification procedures vary from department to department, so contact your Graduate Program Director for additional information on available assistantships.
- Looking outside your department? Positions are posted on Hire-A-Niner. Under Advanced Search, view Position Type: "Graduate Assistantship".
- You will need an approved resume to apply in Hire-A-Niner.
- Please review the eligiblity requirements, salary/stipend information, and FAQs on the HR website.
- More information is available on the Graduate School website.